Friday, 11 April 2008

Your author...

... finds himself in Manhattan this evening, having been transformed (in the space of ten hours) from downtrodden Surrey tramp, to eligible metrosexual with power-walking tendencies. It's a sweet delusion; which the state of my one-and-a-half star accomodation struggles to sustain... but after convincing myself I wouldn't even make it through customs, the Joan of Arc memorial and the surprisingly well-mannered citizens of this glamorous enclave are a welcome felicity.

3 comments:

Atlantean Times said...

Have a good one..check out the five points for me.

gav

Michael said...

Enjoy your trip, Ben. I was visiting the canyons myself, not more than 2 weeks ago. An amazing place.

Anadae said...

Meaning that you're entertaining an inattainable reverie of being a denizen, albeit a transient one, OF that legendary megalopolis, positioned a mere 30 minutes south of mine own geographic residence, or, that you HAVE taken a 10-hour-long sojourn on a commercial airliner & find yourself an intentional (as opposed to an accidental) tourist in the sprawling canyons of New York City? Please clarify.