Wednesday, 10 September 2008

'911 Strangeness and Synchronicities...'

'Less than 2 weeks ago, I posted a video on YouTube entitled, "911 'Coincidences' or Synchronicities?". This presentation enumerated around a dozen prescient pop culture connections to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. I don't believe that any of these connections can reasonably be described as a "stretch" or "wishful thinking" (although of course not everyone will agree on their ultimate significance.) A brief overview now might be helpful:

In the 1999 film The Matrix, the expiration date of the passport of Keanu Reeve's character Neo is September 11, 2001.

In the 1998 film Enemy of the State, Jon Voight's character -- a malicious NSA official intent on pushing legislation that will make it easier to spy on Americans -- was born on September 11th.

In the 2001 pilot of the TV program The Lone Gunmen, the story centers on a Pentagon plot to fly a plane into the WTC for the purpose of triggering a war.'


4 comments:

wise woman said...

Hi Ben
Yep I'd definitely put that in the very strange category - good finds!

I do find Jon Voight popping up in unexpected places. First off in a movie made about the bombing of the Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior in Auckland - he wore the same symbolic T Shirt throughout the entire movie - actually the reason I originally looked into it. And recently when I was having a little play with Angelina Jolie/gods & sacrificial ships I found his birthdate coincided with the sinking of one of these ships.
Have come across him in other places too so found your mention interesting.

Ben Fairhall said...

Hi Alex, thanks for your comment. This is not actually my own article- I have reproduced a post from a writer called Michael Godspeed (?) who is featured on Jeff Rense's great site. But I agree with his findings; and have an interest in the same subject- as the links testify.

All the best, hope you're well...

Ben

JackFairhall said...

I think there's a danger here in linking events as patterns when they are, in fact, purely coincidence. If you can only find 3 stories prior to Sep 11th that have any kind of link to it, however tenuous (just using the date in the case of the Matrix), that's an awful lot of stories which have no links to it what so ever. Seems to me Sep 11th was (like most other dates) virtually unreferenced before the events in 2001 and these mentions beforehand mean nothing.

Ben Fairhall said...

I take your point, Jack, but as I said above, this is only a section of a longer article posted at Rense.com; if you follow the links- and explore the almost unlimited 9/11-related esoteric research available in the 'synchrosphere'- you may think differently. I don't regard these events as indicative of an enormous conspiracy; rather, that they point to a hitherto poorly-understood capacity of the human brain (or mind) to anticipate major world events. An interesting story (retrieved from Whitley Striber's Dreamworld site) makes this very point:

Link

ATB,
Ben

P.S I think I recognise that name! :)