Sunday, 25 January 2009

My Fairy Sighting

Keel- that man again- writes extensively about the imitative nature of the UFO phenomenon; the way it morphs itself to reflect (and confirm) the prejudices of the observer. Influenced by Keel's own ideas, I had been giving a lot of thought to the question of UFOs and their relationship to psychic phenomena; and sure enough, along comes a ball of light seemingly configured expressly to sustain that theory.

This would have been shortly after nine last night. I'm walking to meet a friend parked up outside a gym and tennis club a short distance from my block of flats when I observe a small luminosity drifting somewhat lazily in the sky to my left. Clearly neither a plane, nor- as my friend suggested originally- a helicopter. It's utterly silent and moves in a rather eccentric, chugging sort of way; more like an orb or a rudimentary being than a conventional UFO. There are no supplementary lights, just a pale, glowing luminesence which seems to fade in and out.

I hopped in the car and we drive the very short distance to my flat. By this stage I have blurted out the truth of my 'obsession with UFOs'; a very bad thing to tell an evangelical Christian who thinks you're an RE teacher and whom you're planning to covert to the left-hand path. As we disembark, the light hovers back into my line of vision- much lower now, practically skimming the tree line; and far smaller than I had at first suspected. Perhaps not much bigger than a man's fist, and bobbing in the sky in a way that suggested the consciousness of a lowly but living entity. Then it changes direction- making a lazy but distinct left turn.

Astral butterfly was the phrase that came to mind.

Any of my elven friends ever seen or heard of similar phenomena?

1 comment:

Anadæ said...

Oh, yes! (*makes that pulling down fist of victory motion*) Very good to Gno you've had yet another experience & to read this, Ben. This just never ends, does it?

My mind leapt to the OTHER father of modernday psychology Carl Gustave Jung's treatise, "Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Sky". By myth, as you must Gno, he didn't mean something fictional, but something numinous, with a life of its own.

Also, a minister in The Star House herself, a Fairy/Faerie church of a sort, Anastacia J Nutt's "Unseen Worlds & Practical Aspects of Spiritual Discernment", is also quite good in helping to get this whole question sorted.

ATVB fr Apple Mountain,
Anadæ Effro ( :-)}