Sunday, 29 March 2009

'Victorian ghost spotted on Google Street View...'


'A ghostly figure dressed in Victorian clothes was filmed on Google Street View - before vanishing into thin air.

Experts have been called in to examine the Google ghoul filmed at a former Victorian docklands which has a dark and sinister past.

The woman dressed in long skirt, crisp blouse, bow tie, blue boater hat and scarf appears to be shimmering above the pavement.

She was captured by the Google Street View cameras in Tiger Bay, Cardiff - the scene of murders and unsolved mysteries going back 200 years.

The water sculpture seen in the picture is used as the gateway to enter the fictional world of Dr Who spin-off Torchwood.'

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/google/5051309/Victorian-ghost-picked-up-by-Google-Street-View.html

4 comments:

Autumnforest said...

I have to admit, I saw this online a bit earlier in the day and I looked it over and was pretty unimpressed. I think it's a big stretch to think that was Victorian garb. Looks to me like a woman in a long coat and scarf. Unless I saw all the footage, the idea that she disappeared into thin air seems kind of questionable, as it looks as if there's a fountain in front of her and that can block her when she moves by. You can even see the scarf (not shimmering) but reflecting in the water.

psychic outlaw said...

I love the things you find and publish here - and I think it is a ghost. But what I really want is an invite to the BTB which I followed when it was still public. Please...You have my email now and I dont know how this works but feel free to let me know there or I will just try again in the hope!

Anadæ Effro said...

I simply thought, "Hey! Mary Poppins!", before thinking that it was a commuter on her way to a gig as an au pair about to enter a tube station on the way to work. But, then again, there isn't a rapid transit system of subways in Cymru, is there?

VegasAnomaly said...

Ben,
My computer finally let me acces your site; the DB; however, I get a message that my permission to read the great work over at BTB has expired. HELP!! Could you please grant me permission again??? Thanks so much,
vegasgirl07@gmail.com